Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ocean Futures Society


One of the guest lecturers on board our ship is Jean-Michel Cousteau, son of Jacques Cousteau and founder of a great organization called the Ocean Futures Society. His father was one of my heroes as a child as I have always been fascinated by the undersea world. I always looked forward to watching “The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau”. The favorite part for my two little brothers and I was listening to Jacques say the words “giant grouper” with his French accent.

Many of you know that I have been a certified SCUBA diver since 1976 and have been on dives all over the world. Part of me would like to have made a career as a marine biologist.

Jean-Michel’s lectures have been excellent and one of the highlights of the trip. This evening I spent some time with Jean-Michel and his wife, Nan. Our time together was another one of the highlights of this trip. They are both very kind and nice people. Can this trip get any better? I don’t think so.

I’m grateful to God that I was blessed with this trip…great accommodations, great food, great people, great experiences and life-changing events such as those I described during my time in India and on the Maasai Mara.

No comments:

Post a Comment