Sunday, November 22, 2009

Are we there yet?

My trip from my hotel in Cape Town to the time I land at home will take 44 hours total, 26 hours in the air, four flights and five airports...I'm about half-way through that ordeal, although it has gone smoothly thus far. I'm now in London with a five-hour layover. Survived the Johannesburg 7-hour layover. Actually slept on the 11-hour flight between there and here, thanks to a somewhat comfy business class seat/bed.

Unfortunately, the reality of catching up on 25-days worth of work in the office and being back into reality is now weighing on me. Would like to be on a permanent vacation and am grateful for what I've experienced in the last 25 days.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Carl,

    What a glorious trip. So many wonderful sites and experiences. I'm happy to hear you had such a great cruise.

    Welcome Home! Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Thank you for your continuning friendship all these years. Enjoy the holiday feast and festivities. I know you'll be in line at K-Mart for their "black Friday" doorbuster at 3:00 am! Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete