Sunday, November 8, 2009

40....100...20...and limit the desserts!

I have been very disciplined on this cruise. I have friends and clients who say, “I’m on vacation…I’m not here to exercise”. I completely understand them and agree with that.

But when you cruise as much as I do, I’ve found I have to have discipline on board a cruise ship. I made a commitment to myself before I came on board to do at least 40 minutes of cardiovascular work, 100 sit-ups and 20 reps with each of my barbell routines. I’m 8 for 8 with regard to days on the ship thus far.

Even with this discipline and trying to eat as healthy as I can…at least for breakfast and lunch, I’ve managed to gain a couple of pounds. (Thanks to those of you who are saying…must be muscle from the gym workouts…muscle weighs more than fat.) I to appreciate the thought, but I don’t think it is the case here.

2 comments:

  1. What flavors of ice cream do they have available? Ha Ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing what I know about Regent Seven Seas incredible food - I KNOW it is the amazing food on board this ship!!! Just keep doing the 40/100/20......at least you'll gain less than than the rest and feel better too! Good for you Carl!!!!

    ReplyDelete