Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Maldives





Today we heard from one of our guest lecturers, Jean-Michel Cousteau for the first time. As a SCUBA diver for more than 30 years and a lover of the ocean for a lifetime, I am glad I will get to hear him several times on this cruise…along with my brother’s former baseball coach, Jerry Kindall whom I mentioned earlier.

As we were approaching our stop for the day, Male, the Maldives, a big rain storm came in. I went to a private island to do some snorkeling. It rained most of the time but I still had a great time and a nice time snorkeling. Saw an eel and tons of colorful fish…many of the same that I see in Hawaii the rest of the South Pacific…parrot fish, Picasso fish, butterfly fish, etc.

On the way to the island I took this photo of the ship. They served us some nice refreshments upon our landing. I’ve also shown a photo of the Maldives flag. Now we are out at sea for two days. Time to get caught up on e-mail, this blog, my reading and relaxing.







2 comments:

  1. Hello my friend. Great photos! Reading your blog every morning makes my day. The Maldives, pretty awesome.

    Happy to hear you have and continue to enjoy Kindall and Cousteau speak. What an added highlight of your cruise. I love how you're wearing your USC t-shirts in many of the photos you have posted. Go Trojans! Beat the Sun Devils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning from Portland. Big storm moving in this morning (lots of rain, wind. Snow level drops to 2000 feet in the Cascades.) I'm just out and about taking a walk and enjoying what sunshine we'll have this all day. I stopped by the community center at 11:00 am to post this message. Off to Starbucks for my java. Continued safe travels.

    Go Trojans! Beat the Sun Devils.

    ReplyDelete