Saturday, December 19, 2009

I'll be home for Christmas....if only in my dreams...


















































Got upgraded to first class as I was boarding my flight from LAX to Miami.  Now I have four hours to kill before I leave for Buenos Aires.  It is so much different traveling when you fly first or business class.  Thank you, Lord, for the upgrade!  While these two flights and the layovers will take about 20 hours total, that seems like a piece of cake after my 44-hour journey from Cape Town just three plus weeks ago. 

I've included a couple of photos from the flight in to Miami.  Two show the great cloud patterns I experiences as we approached the west shore of Florida from the Gulf of Mexico.  The other shows the cruise ship terminal (with two Carnival ships and one Royal Caribbean ship) on our approach to the Miami airport.

The melancholy Christmas music they play in the airport terminal may be cheery for those who are coming home to family and friends...but it sets a different mood when you are flying away from everyone you know.  (OK...I know...I'm already getting philosophical and mushy and I haven't even reached my destination yet.)

If I get really bored while I'm here in the Admiral's Club I may do another post.  If not, my next one will be from Buenos Aires.  Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment