Monday, December 21, 2009

Buenos Aires











Yesterday I landed in Buenos Aires, Argentina to begin my 17-night cruise. The ship “overnighted” in Buenos Aires. I was able to see some of the city but did not get to do many of the typical touristy things such as watching a tango show, dining out or viewing “Evita” at a local theatre.


Much like the main focus of my India blog was on that of the people, my main focus for this entry about Buenos Aires is the architecture. The city has an interesting mix of very old and historic buildings among modern and unique skyscrapers. On one corner you can see a Russian Orthodox church like the one pictured here…on another you can see a masterpiece of modern architecture…on still another you can see a building more than a century old. Modern apartment buildings are built nearby homes that were built in the 1920’s.


I’ve also included a photo or two of the view from my “hop on-hop off” bus tour and of a street market that I walked through while waiting to board the ship.


Our sail away from Buenos Aires reveals the beautiful skyline.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics Carl! we can mention that you were very lucky, the weather has been not as it should be in summertime. Temperatures should make BA too hot during december but it didn't this year. Best Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carl,

    So happy to hear you got a first class upgrade that was fit for "a king." Love the photos of Miami and glad you got to visit BA, if only briefly. I know this will be your first Christmas away from home, but rest assured, we'll all be thinking of you Christmas Day and looking forward to your next blog post.

    Rob and I are going to to have a nice dinner on Christmas Eve. We'll come back to the condo and watch the 1949 version with Alister Sim of "A Christmas Carol." Last night we watched "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol." We hadn't seen that cartoon in 35+ years. Very funny and entertaining.

    I'm heading down to RB early evening on the 25th. Rob has to work, but that's fine. We are looking forward to our dinner tomorrow night and having a fun Christmas Eve together.

    Go Trojans! Beat the Eagles.

    Merry Christmas my friend!

    Best holiday wishes,

    Tracy Hattingh

    ReplyDelete