Thursday, September 2, 2010

Farewell to a close friend


Day three of my trip began with some sad news. My lifelong friend, Jan Beal DeAugustine Peck lost her long battle with cancer. She handled her illness with more courage than anyone I've known. I was a bit bummed to not be in town for her service as I have known her since I was a toddler.


She and her husband Russ were about to leave on an Alaska cruise. I was so hoping she would get to achieve this goal before she went to be with the Lord, but it was not meant to be.

My thoughts and prayers are with Russ, Jan's daughters, Teri, Craig, Kenny and other family members during this tough time.


I took this flower, tossed it into the sea and wished for it to land on the shores of Alaska. Needless to say this is not likely, but it was my way of saying farewell to a close and great friend.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment